The Foundation for Advanced Continuing Education
is a teaching foundation dedicated to the advancement of the highest standards of dental treatment.
Courses are characterized by an atmosphere of openness and free exchange of ideas. The principles and techniques taught are based on scientific research and /or clinical evidence that has stood the test of time.In today’s changing world of HMO’s, and PPO’s,capitation, managed care and other third party interference in the practice of dentistry, it is invaluable to have a forum in which the philosophy, skills, and modalities necessary to develop an independent quality practice can be taught. The practices of each of the faculty at FACE are living proof that the true quality practice can flourish in any environment and it is our purpose to arm each participant with the information necessary to achieve that goal.
Starts Sept. 21-25th 2022
This 4.5 day class will include basic instruction in study model set up, dental materials and the fabrication/delivery of the F.O.S.A.
The F.A.C.E. Orthopedic Stabilizing Appliance (F.O.S.A.) is an occlusal splint that will provide a needed procedure for many in your practice today. Most every dentists utilizing the F.O.S.A. have found it an excellent way to add value to their dental practices.
”But I already know how to make a nightguard”
When are they indicated?
- Severely worn dentition.
- Symptomatic TMJs due to occlusal stimuli
- Stabilization of the TMJs before embarking on complex restorative treatment
- Stabilization of occlusion for improved results when treating Periodontal issues.
- Protecting Esthetic Porcelain & Resin Dentistry from the ravages of nocturnal Bruxing and Clenching.
This 13 day class will include more advanced techniques all areas or restorative dentistry.
Level 2 Topics
Live Patient Demonstrations
Clinical Portion With Partners
- Perfecting the FOSA technique. You should have already been making many of these with great success. We want to make sure you are not having any problems or questions.
- Location of the true hinge position and taking a true facebow and CR record. All mounting procedures that have a check list to verify every step of the procedure. Learning this technique will raise your level of clinical success to incredible heights. Imagine partial and full mouth cases that drop right to place with complete predictability. The workshop portion of the program will explore the world of simple to complex restorative dentistry with hands-on exercises on:
- More direct/indirect composite technques for the anterior and posterior direct and indirect restorations.
- Implant tissue shape transfer/ certification jigs and implant denture conversion.
2. A full day with Kirk Pasquienlli on all areas of periodontal care and implant treatment.
3. Presentation from Dr. Yo Mukai on orthodontic set up and orthognathic surgery cases.
4. Complex cases from start to finish using the knowledge that you are learning in the class
5. Treatment planning your current clinical cases. Bring in your patient’s mounted models, images and records and sit with Jeff and your classmates to generate the most predictable and successful treatment plan possible for your patients. One successful treatment plan will pay for this entire course.