Implant Prosthodontics Series
Implant Prosthodontics Series
Type: Lecture | Hands-on
Course Duration: Mod 1: TBA, 2019 Mod: 2 TBA, 2019
Instructed by: Dr. Tony Daher & Dr. Paul Meserkhani
Module 1: Full Arch and Full Mouth Procedures Fixed and Removable
Planning and restoring edentulous arches requires a very different approach than implant fixed prosthodontics. It requires an in depth knowledge of denture prosthodontics that is superimposed over implant placement and prosthesis design and selection. There are many restorative choices and individually they will dictated implant numbers and placement. CAD-CAM restorations are also replacing traditional techniques and a solid working knowledge of choices available and prosthesis design is critical in the contemporary world of implant prosthodontics.
- Using a denture to optimize the diagnostic phase
- Duplicating a denture for CT scans and surgical guides
- Mandibular implant removable overdentures
- Mandibular fixed complete dentures
- Maxillary implant removable overdentures
- Maxillary implant fixed complete dentures
- Locators VS bars
- Prosthetic design overview
- The provisional prosthesis
- implant selection, placement and how it relates to prosthetic design
- Cost driven prosthesis selection
- Post-operative problems and how to avoid them
- Maintenance and long term care
- Diagnosis and treatment planning exercises from clinical situations.
- Locator pick up
- Transforming a mandibular denture to an interim fixed implant prosthesis.
- Bring in practice cases for review and planning
Module 2: Traditional Implant Fixed Prosthodontics (Simple to Complex)
- Gathering the “right” diagnostic data
- Understanding CT cone beam scans and their use in implant planning and placement
- Guided implant placement
- Understanding implant components “the nuts and bolts”
- Custom vs stock abutment vs screw retained
- CAD-CAM abutments: titanium and zirconium
- Anterior esthetic restorations (single and multiple)
- Complex multiple unit implant supported restorations
- Tissue molding and maintenance
- Laboratory procedures
- Impression procedures
- Provisional fabrication for optimal tissue control
- CT analysis and implant planning
- Understanding implant components
- CAD-CAM Rx
- Bring in cases for review and planning.
Dr. Tony Daher began practicing dentistry in California in 1982. His love for teaching led him to earn a Master’s degree in Medical Education from USC in 1989. Dr. Daher received a postgraduate certificate in Prosthodontics from UCLA in 1988. He has served as clinic director for the International Student Program at USC, and director of the Advanced Prosthodontic Programs at Loma Linda University. Dr. Daher is currently an Associate Professor of Prosthodontics at the Center For Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry at LLU. He has written many scientific and clinical articles, and has lectured nationally and internationally on the subject of Prosthodontics. Dr. Daher also maintains a private practice limited to Prosthodontics and Implant dentistry.
Dr. Paul Meserkhani has lectured extensively on the subject of Prosthodontics and Implant dentistry both nationally and internationally. He maintains a faculty position in the Prosthodontic department at Loma Linda University. He graduated from dental school in 1987, and pursued his post graduate education in 2003. He received his surgical fellowship from Loma Linda University followed by a certificate in Prosthodontics and MSD degree in Prosthodontics specialty. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology, Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and Board eligible by the American College of Prosthodontics. He maintains a private practice limited to Prosthodontics and implant dentistry in Glendale, California.
Module 1: February 16-17, 2018
Module 2: March 2-3, 2018
- $1495 Module 1
- $1495 Module 2
- $595 for non-dentist staff (each module)
- Enroll in Module 1 & 2 for $2495
- Group (2 or more dentists) 5% discount each.
Download the registration form. This form is available in PDF format and is best viewed with the latest, free Adobe Acrobat Reader program. If you have difficulty downloading or printing the registration form, you may also request it by email at email@example.com or by phone (877) EP4-DDS1 (374-3371).
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be submitted in writing, signed, and are dated when received at EP. If cancellations are made 30-60 days before the start of the program, 25% of the total tuition must still be paid. 100% of the total tuition is transferable to another program for one year with no penalties. If cancellations are made 0-30 days before the start of the program, 50% of the total tuition must still be paid. 75% of the total tuition is transferable to another program for one year. If cancellations are made after the start of the program, 100% of the total tuition must still be paid. 50% of the total tuition is transferable to another program for one year. Esthetic Professionals reserves the right to cancel any program seven days prior to the starting date. 100% refunds will be given or transferred to another program.
Esthetic Professionals is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership, and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 3/1/2016 to 2/28/2018. Provider ID# 218987