Practice Development Series
Development, Due Diligence & Coaching
Type: Mentorship I Lecture | Hands On
Starts January 28th, 2022
Credits: 48 CE
Historically dental schools have focused on dental education and practice development is either minimal or ill-timed for most students with no experience. Practicing dentists of all ages learn by experience and this process often leads to less than desirable results when it comes to practice satisfaction and financial success. As an alternative to in-office practice coaching, this program provides a condensed and cost-effective alternative.
This new program is designed for dentist’s, in all stages of their careers, to improve upon key practice issues that stifle optimal growth and satisfaction.
Course Director: Scott Clifton Stewart President, Clifton & Associates, Inc.
Scott has worked with hundreds of dental practices since 1991 developing business plans, coaching and training dental teams, developing leadership skills, enhancing communication skills, training teams on customer service techniques, and successfully helping practices grow to new levels of productivity and profitability. In 1994 he founded Clifton & Associates, Inc. a coaching firm that works exclusively with dental practices in Southern CA. In addition to being the primary trainer of his company’s in-office coaching programs, he helps dentists with due diligence, practice valuations & transitions, and speaks regularly for dental societies, study clubs and specialists throughout Southern California. His company is accredited with the CA State Board and hosts continuing education courses on a variety of clinical and practice management topics.
Learn More About Clifton & Associates
Kayvan is one of the co-founders of DocSites, specializing in website & online marketing. He has over twelve years of experience helping dentists improve their online presence. Kayvan specializes in websites & online marketing that increases new patient appointments via social media, search engine optimization (SEO), online advertising, and reputation management.
Levi Barlavi, Esq.
Levi is a seasoned transactional attorney, assisting healthcare providers to support their practices from formation through a sale. Levi works with all types of dentists on single practice formation and disposition to multi-location operations and private equity investments.
His areas of practice include:
• Entity Selection & Operational Agreements
• Professional Office Leases & Space Sharing Arrangements
• Management Service Agreements & Joint Ventures
• Practice Transitions, Asset Sales, Stock Sales, & Associate Buy-Ins
Session II: February 25th-26th, 2022
Session III: March 25th-26th, 2022
Day One: Developing Your Dental Practice Business Plan (Dentists)
- Course Introduction & Overview (class photos)
- Mission & Vision: Proactively Designing Your Practice.
- Practice leadership – Like it or not, you are the Leader!
- Components of your Clinical Plan
- Components of your Business Plan
- Creating the “fee for service practice”
• Pros and Cons of Being In-Network Versus Out-of-Network
• What it Takes to be Fee for Service
• Developing a Plan for Taking This Step
• “Comprehensive Diagnosis & Treatment Planning”
• “Getting Patients to Say YES” (Lecture/Demo)
• “Articulation: Facebow, Interocclusal Registration, Digital Impressions” (Demo/hands-on) for use on Friday
Day Two: (AM) Marketing for New Patients (Dentists Only)
- Marketing versus Reactivation
- Marketing vs Practice Acquisitions
- Marketing Ideas – The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
- How to Get the Most from Your Website, Social Media and Online Presence
• Using Your Website to Stand Out from Your Competition
• Improving Your Online Presence and “First Impression”
• Harnessing the Power of Positive Reviews and Attracting New Patients from the Internet.
Guest Speaker Kayvan Mott
Day Two: (PM) Making a Great First Impression: The New Patient Experience (Dentists and Staff)
- Practice Reviews
- Telephone Skills
- Designing Your New Patient First Visit
- Treatment Presentation & Financial Arrangements
Day Three: Patient Education & Communication to Enhance Case Acceptance (Dentists and Staff)
- The Communication Process
- Team Patient Education
- Developing Your Verbal Toolbox
- Dental Photography
- Training Auxiliaries to Communicate Concerns
- Hand-offs: The Power of Repetition
- Blocking: How physical placement influences the communication process
Day Four: (AM) Employee Management (Dentist and Office Manager)
- Proper Staffing Levels
- The Hiring Process for Employees
- Compensation, benefits, bonuses programs
- Orientation & Onboarding
- Necessary Employee Documents
- Proper Leadership & Communication
Day Four: (PM) Employee Management (Dentist and Office Manager)
- Practice Overhead Categories and Healthy Percentages
- Developing a Budget for Expenses
- Overhead Problems Versus Production & Collections Problems
- Understanding Key Practice Statistics
- Managing Collections & Accounts Receivable
Day Five: Beginning or Acquisition & Merger of a Dental Practice
For the dentist who is beginning or interested in acquiring & merging an office
- Review Mission & Vision Statements: What Type of Practice Do You Envision for Yourself?
- Due Diligence: Practice stats, cash flow, growth potential, patient base
- Developing Your Verbal Toolbox
- Transition: Informing patients, budget development, office policy manual development, employment offers, team transition meeting
- The Legal Aspects of Acquisitions & Mergers –
a. What are Dental Practice Sales?
b. Trends in Transactions Pre and Post Covid
c. Who Is Involved in a Transaction and What Are Their Roles?
d. Pre-Sale Considerations for Sellers and Buyers
e. Letter of Intent/Term Sheet & Confidentiality Agreements
f. Due Diligence and Financing
g. Transaction Documents
h. Why Do Transactions Fail
i. Post-Closing Issues
Speaker Levi Barlavi, Esq.
Day Six: Key Front Office Practice System (Dentists and Front Office)
- Recall & Uncompleted Treatment
- Strategies for Handling Broken Appts
TUITION & FINANCING OPTIONS
- Entire Program: $6000 (includes one non-dentist staff member, additional staff $195/day)
- One Day: $1295
- Group Discounts – 10% – 25%
Get in Touch
Leave your information regarding anything we sell or train on and we will get back to you with an answer.
We pride ourselves in our customer service and our support for our equipment, materials and software.
We know it can be rough out there and we are here to help.
Esthetic Professionals wants to hear from you.
Meet Our Faculty
The Faculty at Esthetic Professionals is truly a world class group of educators. They are highly regarded in dental education as the leaders in progressive, cutting edge education. Many of our faculty have taught at major universities, lectured nationally and internationally, while maintaining private practices. This practical experience allows them to provide true hands-on, clinical expertise in today's dental environment. Each of our faculty takes pride in working with every student and making them the best dentist they can be.